We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated SENCO to join our team, starting in September 2021.
Salary is within the MPS/UPS pay range but will be dependent on experience, in line with our pay policy. Working days would be subject to discussion with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will need to be:
• In receipt of (or working towards) the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination qualification.
• An excellent practitioner who delivers highly effective SEND leadership to inspire and motivate others.
• Passionate about providing the best possible provision for children with additional needs.
• Able to form positive relationships with the whole school community and work collaboratively with colleagues both internally and externally.
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
• Able to set very high expectations for all children, both academically and in their behaviour.
• Supportive of the school’s positive behaviour management strategies.
• Committed to research based professional development, of themselves and colleagues.
What we can offer you:
• The chance to be part of our dedicated team.
• A full well-being package
• A commitment to staff development, including supporting staff to undertake new opportunities, CPD and middle leadership programmes.
We are committed to safeguarding our children and staff. The post requires a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure and the successful candidate must be registered with the GTC.
Application Deadline: Thursday 6th May
Proposed Interview Date: Thursday 13th May
Part Time (0.6)
Birdwell Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.