Job Title: SENCo/Class Teacher – 2.5 days class teacher; 2.5 days SENCo
Pay Grade: MPS-UPS with SEN 1 allowance
Start date: September 2021
Contract: Full time, permanent contract
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher who is excited by challenge and committed to improving the life chances of our young people. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for, and wealth of experience in, working alongside those children with special educational needs.
We work in a popular and successful school where colleagues and the SLT strive to provide an excellent educational experience to all children.
Key purpose of the job:
• Class teaching, alongside strategically leading the SEND provision within the school.
• This role involves the day to day operation of provision made by the school for pupils with special educational needs, disability or a medical condition in order to ensure that their learning is of the highest quality.
• Ensuring all SEND students make progress and achieve their potential by ensuring provision is in place and through supporting colleagues.
• Working collaboratively with other schools and outside agencies to ensure the best support for all children with learning needs and sharing this information with class based staff.
We require someone who:
• is an exceptional classroom teacher who can lead by example and is committed to their own professional development and that of others;
• already holds, or is willing to undertake within the next 3 years, the national Special Educational Needs Coordination award;
• is highly ambitious for themselves, our children and the school;
• is flexible, dedicated and prepared to ‘go above and beyond’ to ensure the children make outstanding progress;
• has high expectations, is motivated and enjoys working as part of a team;
• has recent SENCo experience
In return, we can offer:
• the opportunity to teach pupils who are keen to work hard and display exemplary attitudes to learning;
• a highly supportive, experienced leadership team;
• the opportunity to work as part of a large, talented and supportive staff team;
• training relevant to the role.
If you would like the opportunity to work as part of our team we look forward to receiving your application. Tours of the school are highly recommended. Please contact the school office on 0113-3230152 to arrange a time to visit.
Any questions about the application process, please contact Mrs C. Harte – Business Manager.
Completed applications should be sent to Mrs C. Harte by Sunday 16th May 2021 (midnight). (see attached advert for full details)
Interviews will be held on Thursday 20th May 2021.
Lower Wortley Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Lower Wortley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.