The Governors of this popular two form entry church primary school are seeking to appoint a creative, resourceful and committed teacher to lead the provision for our SEND pupils. Our recent Ofsted referred to “…a treasure chest of learning …. which opens an exciting window on the world.” Provision of SMSC is strong and we have global and eco themes embedded in our curriculum. We have recently achieved the Green Flag Award, Sports Mark Gold and were short-listed in the TES schools’ awards for our international learning. Our curriculum is constantly evolving to develop resilient and independent learners.
The SENCo will be a qualified teacher who preferably holds the National SENDCo Award. Hours will be five mornings each week, but the post holder will need to be flexible to attend meetings which are held at other times and staff training as appropriate. The role includes:
• Leading and managing SEND in accordance with the published policies (local & national);
• Liaising with classroom support staff, class teachers and senior leaders;
• Liaising with and developing relationships with external agencies and parents; and
• Identifying and supporting the needs of pupils with SEND through observation, screening and tracking data
The ideal candidate will:
• Be committed to high standards of achievement (for self and others), attainment and behaviour
• Be able to inspire and motivate our pupils
• Be a good team player who enjoys working collaboratively for common goals
• An enthusiasm for PE and a willingness to support school sport would be a bonus - but not essential
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, contact the school.
St Peter’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and to reference checks.