Send Church of England Primary School have an opening for a Senco/Inclusion Leader to join our supportive, 'Good' (Ofsted 2019), committed and enthusiastic team. This role is required for September 2022 and is a permanent 3 day a week (ideally spread over 4 days) position due to our lower than average number of children with SEND. There may be the opportunity for right candidate/ those wishing to pick up additional cover hours, potentially to full time.
- Do you have the desire to create a safe and nurturing learning experience for all children?
- Have you got the drive, creativity and personality to make a difference for our children?
- Could you be the exceptional Inclusion lead we are looking for to join our innovative learning community?
Our goal is to ensure all children benefit from an inclusive education and achieve well. A key foundation of our successful school are our STRONG values and this supports our inclusive ethos.
We are committed to providing the very best education for our children. We provide exceptional learning environments with a community spirit. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
We are seeking to appoint a newly qualified or experienced Inclusion Lead that has the appropriate qualification or experience to join our team, or someone with leadership experience, willing to undertake the SENDCo qualification. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and developing the Inclusion provision and will be an exemplary practitioner.
We can offer you:
- A first class learning and working environment and welcoming and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and enjoy learning
- Outstanding CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to be a part of the schools continuing journey of improvement to be outstanding, working with a dedicated and hardworking staff, supportive parents and active Governance
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience or an exceptional understanding of teaching in the primary phase
- Have SEN experience and/or the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination
- Have an excellent understanding of the SEN code of practice
- Have both an excellent understanding of pupil progress and a willingness to embrace change
- Be open to new approaches to teaching and learning
- Be an excellent team player
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.
Visits to the school are welcomed and strongly encouraged. To arrange a visit or for more information please contact Mrs Susan Sayers - Executive Headteacher
Closing date: - Noon - 8 July 2022
Interviews:- To be confirmed
Send Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Data Barring services check. As part of our safer recruitment procedures we will not accept any CV’s. Applicants must complete the application form provided.