Required from September 2021
Full Time leader for our resourced provision for children with ASD.
Salary: MPS + TLR 2.2
This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher who has experience of working within a special school, or experience of leading SEND in a mainstream school, and is looking for a new challenge. We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced teacher to lead our resourced provision, which is already established, within the school to meet the needs of children identified with ASD, in receipt of an Educational Health Care Plan.
In the first instance, the role will involve leading the standalone ASD provision, delivering bespoke programmes of work and support to pupils, and working in collaboration with outside agencies to ensure the highest of outcomes and provision. The successful candidate will join a highly effective and driven Senior Leadership Team.
The Governors of Bricknell Primary School are seeking to appoint a motivated, skilled and resilient leader with experience in supporting children on the Autistic Spectrum/Attachment difficulties. As a leader, you will direct and support a skilled team to enable pupils to access the National Curriculum and promote the school’s commitment to inclusive education.
Bricknell Primary School was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in April 2015 and the school has a proven track record of developing outstanding practitioners through support, guidance and high quality training for staff.
We are looking for people who:
- Are excellent teachers, with a proven record of working within a Special School and/or leading SEND within a mainstream school
- Understand the expectations of the new curriculum and the role assessment for learning has in sustaining progress
- Have effective communication skills when liaising with staff, parents and external agencies
The role will include:
- Leading and holding accountability for a team working within the resourced provision, delivering targeted, quality and bespoke curriculum support
- Playing an active role in the Senior Leadership team and contributing to the school’s commitment to inclusive education
- Providing effective and timely communication with all stakeholders
- Leading and organising regular meetings with outside agencies and parents/carers, discussing the progress of individual children
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange a visit on the following dates;
- Tuesday 18th May 4pm
- Friday 21st May 9am
Closing date for applications is midday on Monday 24th May 2021.
The interview will take place on Thursday 27th May 2021.
Bricknell Primary School is committed to safeguarding children. All positions are subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the DBS.
Bricknell Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.