Part Time, x 2 days a week, Mondays and Tuesdays, Job Share
Support Staff Scale 3 (£17,711 - £18,264), 14.8 hours a week (pro-rated at term time + 2 weeks = £6,141 - £6,332 per annum)
Start date asap
City Academy Norwich is a dynamic, nurturing learning community that holds the highest expectations and aspirations for our students and staff.
Our ethos is encapsulated by three simple words. Enjoy Respect Achieve.
We are seeking a highly motivated Learning Support Assistant, part-time as part of a job share arrangement, ideally with experience of supporting exceptional lessons and delivering interventions to small groups of students.
Core job functions:
- To provide an efficient and high quality support to all students within the department, under the supervision and direction of the class teacher, in consultation with the SENCO as required.
Develops and uses knowledge and skills e.g. literacy, numeracy or science to contribute to student learning.
- Monitor, evaluate and records students’ progress and reports this as directed.
- Use information and communication technology to support students learning.
- Works with small groups or individual students to enable learning.
- Provides support to the teacher by accompanying students on off-site activities.
- Discusses with the teacher and contributes to curriculum and classroom planning – informally and at meetings.
- Works as part of a team to ensure that the wellbeing, behaviour and personal development of students enhances their learning opportunities and life skills.
- Assist in the educational and social development of all students.
- Have full relevant knowledge of students medical and physical needs and able to refer to the relevant person should a problem arise.
- Assist students in developing their resilience and independence in the classroom.
- Have a full knowledge of student’s social, emotional and behavioural needs and ensuring that any disclosure a student may make must be reported to the classroom teacher and Child Protection Officers immediately
Would you like to work in an Academy setting that:
- believes in every child achieving the very best they can
- is dedicated in helping you build a fulfilling and successful career
- strives to support your development to enable you to become outstanding in your field
- prioritises professional development, with a strong ethos of open and honest feedback
You could join us in an exciting time of improvement as we work in partnership with the highly successful ‘Bohunt Education Trust’. The Bohunt Trust, nurture and support professional ambitions by providing opportunities for training, development and progression, whatever stage you’ve reached in your career.
Closing date for applications:
Mon 24th Feb, 9.00am
w/c 2nd March
City Academy Norwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service and required to sign up and maintain their subscription to the DBS update service.
Please note when proving references please give the names and addresses of two people who would be willing to supply a reference for you. These should be from your two most recent employers, or if you have not worked before, please use your school or college teacher/tutor. Two different employers should be supplied (i.e not from the same organisation) and should be from a senior person with appropriate authority, not just a colleague.
If this is not possible a suitable alternative would be a previous employer, business associate or leader/organiser of a voluntary organisation. Please do not include friends or relatives.
City Academy Norwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.