SEND Learning Support Assistants
Required for September 2020
- Are you looking for a Term Time role?
- Do you have passion to help children to be the best that they can be?
As a growing school with a child-centered approach, we wish to appoint a versatile, positive SEND LSA to join our friendly, committed team who are dedicated to making a difference in children’s lives. You will ideally have experience of working with children with special educational needs and will play a key role in planning and leading interventions. The post holder will support Class Teachers in the teaching and welfare of children, ensuring they attain the targets set, leading intervention sessions for small groups of students (literacy, numeracy, EAL and other interventions).
We are looking for SEND LSAs who are:
- Clear about their values and are passionate about the role a primary school can play in transforming children’s lives.
- Able to work as a supportive, reflective member of our team.
- Excited by working in a collaborative environment across The Trust.
- Professional with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Flexible, quick thinking with lots of great ideas.
- Energetic, creative and able to use your initiative.
- Approachable with excellent communication skills.
- A role model for the school community.
- Willing to learn about new approaches to support children.
- Able to motivate children, whilst maintaining a calming and nurturing disposition.
- Able to work 1:1 with EHCP children.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working as a Learning Support Assistant.
- Previous experience of supporting children with special educational needs.
- Knowledge of communication strategies.
- Confident in responding positively to challenging behaviour.
- A desire to develop knowledge and practice of working with children who have special educational needs.
Job title: SEND Learning Support Assistant
- Full Time
- Salary/Grade: Level 1 1/2 £16,289 Actual
- Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm (with half an hour lunch break)
- Term Time + INSET Days
Job title: SEND Learning Support Assistant – Part Time
- Salary/Grade: Level 1 1/2 £8,688 Actual
- Hours: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Term Time + INSET Days
Closing date: Friday 5th June 2020 at 12:00 midday.
Interviews: To be held soon thereafter the closing date.
The Arbib Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a DBS check.
The Langley Academy Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.