Cathedral Primary School
SEND Learning Support Assistant KS2 (full time)
SEND Learning Support Assistant KS2 (0.6 - Mon, Tues, Wed)
Term time only
- Required from 1st September 2019
Fixed Term for one year in the first instance
Applications are invited from committed, enthusiastic and experienced SEND LSAs for two posts, providing 1:1 support for children in Key Stage 2.
Cathedral Primary School is a free school which opened in September 2013. From September 2015 the school became two form entry and once full will have 420 children aged 4 - 11.
The Head Teacher is looking to recruit outstanding LSAs who share the vision for Cathedral Primary School as a centre of excellence for primary education, grounded in a strong musical tradition.
The Head Teacher wishes to appoint:
- LSAs who have had experience of working with children with either ADHD, Autism or Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- LSAs with an excellent understanding of Primary provision and who are able to work closely with the Class Teacher and SENCo to support the learning of an individual child
- Individuals who are committed to supporting high quality learning and experiences for all children
- Thoughtful and creative LSAs who have the ability to motivate children to give their very best
- Individuals who are patient, positive and resilient
Candidates who are team teach / positive handling trained, or willing to undergo this training
Candidates are very welcome to visit the school.
Staff at Cathedral Primary School work in close partnership with Bristol Cathedral Choir School, one of Bristol’s most successful and oversubscribed state schools. This partnership offers our staff fantastic opportunities for personal and professional development and to work with a group of committed professionals within the Cathedral Schools Trust.
SCP13-17 £17,107 - £18,640 (1.0FTE)
Actual Salary £13,817.19 - £15,055.38 (0.8077FTE) term-time only
SCP13-17 £10,264.20 - £11,184 (0.6FTE)
Actual Salary £8,290.32 - £9,033.23 (0.4846FTE) term-time only
Method of application
Please apply via TES and see our website for further information.
Applications should be received as soon as possible and by midday on Monday 3rd June at the latest.
Interviews will be held on Friday 14th June
Please note that all posts at the School are subject to initial and periodic checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service as the school takes every measure possible to ensure the safeguarding of its students.
Cathedral Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.