From: Friday 23rd August 2019
SEND LSA 1:1 – 30 hours (8:30-3:15) – 3 vacancies
Fixed term (1 year) in the first instance
We are looking for 3 strong candidates, with experience of supporting pupils with SEN.
The ideal candidates will be able to:
- Assist the classteacher to provide support for teaching and learning and associated activities for named children with SEND
- Provide support for the children during their academic activities and transfers
- Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help the children access the curriculum
- Assist in monitoring the children’s progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teachers
- Work under the direction of, and in partnership with, key members of staff
- Support the individual children with the handover at the start/end of the day
- Support the individual children in their play and social skills
We are also looking for:
- An experienced practitioner with an understanding of SEND
- An enthusiastic and lively practitioner with high expectations of pupil progress, attainment and behaviour.
- A flexible and adaptable practitioner
- An individual who can use their initiative and be proactive in carrying out their duties
- A team player who goes the extra mile and can fit into any team.
As a school we can offer you:
- friendly, well behaved and motivated children
- supportive, friendly, highly trained staff and governors
- an attractive, positive working environment
- a commitment to your own professional development
The contract is for a fixed term and will be reviewed in line with the children’s allocated hours.
Should you require any further information about the school, please see our website or telephone the school to visit. The school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and if necessary, overseas checks. There will also be a probationary period of 6 months. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: Monday 3rd June
Interviews: w/c10th June
St Botolph’s Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.