The Priory Learning Trust is looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to work at Castle Batch Primary School Academy in Weston-super-Mare. This role will suit a candidate who has a passion for Supporting Children with additional needs.
Castle Batch is an exciting, forward thinking and dynamic primary academy, which Ofsted judged to be ‘good’ (November 2017). Ofsted said, ‘Castle Batch is an inclusive school, characterised by very good relationships and a caring ethos’. The school has very committed staff who work creatively, in partnership with parents, to enable children to achieve great outcomes. We also place great emphasis on supporting children on a social and emotional level and have a strong ethos of inclusion in relation to our SEND children.
We are looking for the right candidate to join our inclusive school from September 2021 supporting children with speech and language disorders in mainstream classes. We are looking to appoint a patient and articulate person to work as part of our KS2 language base team (in the first instance). There may be opportunities to also work with our KS1 children. This will be for 7hrs 20mins per week (1.10-3pm for four days a week TBC). Experience of working with children with speech and language disorders is desirable and Makaton signing an advantage but not essential.
The successful candidates will need:
• A good standard of education/ three or more GCSEs including maths and English at Grade C minimum or L2 literacy and numeracy
• Achieved or Working towards NVQ/VRQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification
• Experience and/or knowledge of successfully supporting children
• Creative and good at thinking ‘outside the box’
• An ability to adapt and respond to the needs of the children and be flexible to the changing needs of the school
• Good interpersonal skills to communicate with the year group team, parents and children
Knowledge or understanding of special educational needs (including communication difficulties)
We can offer you:
• A school ethos, which puts the child right at the centre of all that we, do.
• A leadership team who are committed to your wellbeing, supporting you to focus upon the key things that make a difference for children
• Friendly, dedicated and supportive colleagues
• The opportunity to develop your career as part of a growing multi academy trust
• A fun and exciting approach to learning, where creativity and new ideas are highly valued
About The Priory Learning Trust:
TPLT grew from an intent to bring the power of partnership and sharing to bear and provide a first-class education to a wide range of children, from all backgrounds.
At our heart is a passion to put ‘Students First’ and deliver exceptional education; beyond outstanding for every single child. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence, shared moral purpose and values combined with lots of fun and happiness. We believe that happy schools are also high-achieving, successful schools.
We strive for partnerships between students, families, staff and the wider community to create exceptional student outcomes. We also ‘cherish’ our staff. We believe they are amazing and are passionate to empower them through support, training, and career opportunities. With such brilliant people all aiming for the same goals, we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of their background.
TPLT is also a successful Teaching School Alliance. In 2016 it was awarded the prestigious National Teaching School status - a rare accolade after it fulfilled a wide range of criteria in training teachers and supporting other schools. To become a Teaching School Alliance (TSA), academies must be judged outstanding or good and have a proven track record of delivering exceptional teacher training and supporting other schools. This has been a great foundation on which to build for excellence. We know that this key focus on staff development will deliver exciting and effective learning to our children and young people.
Benefits of working for The Priory Learning Trust:
• Employee Assistance Programme
• CPD opportunities
• Free onsite parking
• Highly competitive salaries, which are reviewed annually
• Discounted gym membership at our Academies
• Discounted Nursery fees at our Academy pre schools
• Pension Scheme
• Flu Jabs
• 2 week October half term for Teaching Staff and term time only staff
• Amazing career progression and opportunities
• Regular social events
• Employee Benefits Platform
• Cycle to work scheme
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
The Priory Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and Disclosure and Barring Service
Interviews will be held on Friday 3rd September 2021