Pay grade: C1
Pay scale level: 12-17
Hours: 14.00 hours per week - Term Time Only + 5 days (Flexible)
This is a part time position and additional hours may also be available (in a classroom role) please enquire if you are interested?
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Tuesday 5th November 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 20th November 2019
Please be aware we do not accept applications direct from agencies
Broomfield South SILC is developing and expanding its provision and the Governors of this caring, friendly and successful school wish to appoint enthusiastic, motivational and creative SEND Officer to join our dedicated team at this exciting time in the life of the school. Broomfield greatly values the work of our SEND Officer and the vital contributions they make to the school in developing the life chances and opportunities of our pupils and young people.
We are looking for a SEND Officer who wants to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils to guide their learning and maximise their progress in all areas of school life.
Broomfield South SILC is an all age, co-educational day school maintained by Leeds City Council. Our pupils and young people (2-19) have a wide range of learning difficulties, including Autistic Spectrum Condition.
We offer an inclusive setting operating on the main Broomfield site and two mainstream partnership sites:
• Windmill Primary School
• Rodillian Academy
This enables us to meet a wide variety of pupils’ needs and provide support and advice to the community.
The successful applicants will have;
• Level 2 or higher equivalent qualifications in English and Maths GCSE at Grade C in both
• High level written and verbal communication skills, including excellent spelling
• Good I.C T skills
In addition the following personal qualities;
• Demonstrate commitment to effective working relationships with a range of different agencies
• Line management / managing the performance of other staff
• Ability to work under pressure, organise and prioritise work and meet deadlines, through a solution focused approach
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to work independent as well as an effective member of a wider team
• Excellent people skills – adults and children
• An understanding of and empathy with the issues facing children/young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and tact
In return we can offer:
• friendly, enthusiastic and highly motivated pupils and young people
• a comprehensive CPD programme with potential for career development and promotion
• the support of a strong, caring and committed staff team
• Fun and a challenge!
Staff are expected to work across the three sites if required.
For further details, recruitment pack and to arrange a school visit please contact Rhona Mackintosh by email or by telephone (see how to apply)
Please note that Broomfield South SILC operates a no smoking policy
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children and expects our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure
The Broomfield main site & our partnership site at Windmill Primary School have disabled access facilities, including a lift in the extension and at our partnership site at Rodillian Academy.
Broomfield South SILC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.