Proposed start date: January 2021 or as soon after as possible
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full time
Salary details: Experienced teacher with £2270 SEND allowance
Not open to NQT's
Advert closing date: 08/11/2021 at 9:00am
Shortlisting date: 08/11/21
Interview date: 11/11/21
About the role: Are you passionate about working with children with SEND? Do you have the drive, determination and skill to lead and further develop our SEND base, The Beehive?
The Willows Primary School is a Gold Level Rights Respecting school with a caring and inclusive ethos. Despite the high level of need, the behaviour and attendance of our pupils is excellent and we work tirelessly to support our community. As a result of this, our children are looking for an experienced primary school teacher looking for a new challenge or an experienced SEND teacher who is able to inspire and support them to become the best that they can be. The role will focus on delivering bespoke teaching to small groups of children who are likely to be significantly below their age related expectations and have a wide range of additional needs. The successful candidate will also have the responsibility of leading a team of skilled teaching assistants. Therefore, we are looking for a warm and professional teacher who is skilled in building relationships and supporting staff in developing their skills further.
About the candidate: We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding teacher, particularly for children with additional needs
• Can work with a high level of autonomy and demonstrate excellent organisational skills
• Has successful experience of teaching pupils with SEND and a commitment to continuous improvement
• Has the imagination and determination to establish outstanding provisions across the school with the support of the whole school staff and senior leadership team
• Can motivate and inspire pupils to learn and make exceptional progress in both academic and social and emotional aspects of their learning
• Builds excellent relationships with staff, pupils and their families
• Supports the rights respecting ethos of the school and will embed this into all aspects of their work
• Either has, or is interested in, working towards the NASENCO
We can offer you:
• An inclusive approach to meeting the needs of our children
• The opportunity to develop further our nurture focused provision within a mainstream primary school
• A supportive and enthusiastic staff team
• A well-resourced environment and school
• The opportunity to work closely with our partner school Haveley Hey
• Opportunities to support your professional development
If you would like to discuss this exciting role further, please contact our Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion, Clare Elliott at school on 0161-4374444
Tours of the school will take place on Monday 1st November at 4pm. Please email to confirm your attendance. (see attached advert for contact details)
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
All posts must satisfy The Trust of their health and physical capacity, advice will be sought from Employee Health & Wellbeing at Wythenshawe Hospital.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
In line with our Recruitment Policy we do not accept C.V.’s
Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted
The Willows Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.