Burlington Infant and Nursery School is a successful, popular and diverse school with four forms of entry. We have delightful children from a wide range of cultural, religious and linguistic backgrounds. We are seeking to recruit a specific SEND Teaching Assistant. We are specifically looking for Teaching Assistants who have knowledge and experience of working or volunteering with children who have autism and/or speech, language and communication needs. You should fully support Equal Opportunities and the happy and child centered ethos of our school. You should be professional, reliable and flexible.
The position is term time only for 10-12.5 hrs per week. SEND training will be provided as part of our commitment to staff development.
Salary: £20,835-21,591 Full time equivalent (based on 10 hours a week) £5,030 -£5,213 p.a pro rata
The successful candidate will be:
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and passionate
• Have successful and relevant experience of working or volunteering in a primary school setting
• Able to demonstrate a passion for child-centered learning and a desire to give children of all abilities equal access to learning
• Full of ideas, flair and imagination to support exciting and creative learning experiences
• Able to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents
• Committed to safeguarding
In return we can offer you:
• Enthusiastic and energetic children from a wide range of cultural backgrounds
• High standards in our ‘Outstanding’ provision as judged by Ofsted in 2008
• A commitment to your career with supportive and positive CPD
• Inclusive school and early years provision with high standards and aspirations for all children
• A warm and welcoming staff team Visits to the school are encouraged.
Closing date: noon on Wednesday 5th February 2020
Interview Date: w/c Monday 10th February 2020
To arrange a visit or for an application pack, please contact Nicki Martin, or download the documents attached.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Please ensure your application details your suitability against the person specification. All enquiries should be directed though the school office.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should the right candidate be found.
We are unable to accept CV's.
Burlington Infant & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).