TA Level 2 SEND Classroom support in Yr 1
Full time, Temporary for remainder of academic year in the first instance.
Catherine Infant School prides itself on being a happy and caring school where all our staff are focused on the care, nurture and learning quality of our children.
The Governors' are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated, experienced TA to join us as class support for 2 children with moderate SEND needs in Year 1.
- To support the children throughout the day, helping them to maintain concentration and focus for short periods of time.
- Supporting the children access differentiated learning in class as well as working on specific personal targets.
- Use a range of teaching strategies such as visual timetables, visual prompts, tactile resources and task plans.
- Liaise and plan with the SENCO / class teacher to support pupils in their learning.
- To promote the development of numeracy, language and speech, through individual support , working alongside the class teacher.
- To deliver specific intervention e.g basic language, colourful semantics and play interaction.
- Be aware of and support school policies and procedures.
- Assist the teacher by receiving instructions directly from professionals or specialist support staff involved in the children’s education. These may involve social workers, health visitors, language support staff, speech therapists, educational psychologists and physiotherapists.
- Report any concerns regarding children’s welfare or education, to the class teacher.
- Be aware of correct procedures for safeguarding concerns, referring such matters to the appropriate designated person for further action.
- Under the direction of the SENCO/ teacher, liaise with parents as appropriate, maintaining sensitivity and confidentiality at all times.
- Assist with the reception and departure of children at the beginning and end of school sessions.
- Assist with maintaining good discipline throughout the school at all times, following school procedures. When directed, escort and supervise pupils on planned visits/journeys.
- Assist with the preparation of resources e.g. photocopying, repairing books, filing of work, making games and the creation and mounting of displays for children’s work.
- Assist and attend with seasonal events e.g. parents evenings, school fair
- To show a commitment to school life by running an extra-curricular club.
- Attend appropriate staff meetings and training days/events as requested.
- To cover lunchtime supervisions duties as requested.
We can offer the successful candidate the opportunity to:
- Work with bright, happy and motivated children
- Receive full support from a highly professional and friendly team across the school.
- Excellent support from SENCO and outside agencies.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by calling the school office. Please contact the school on 0116-2625422
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check plus identification check
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.