SEND Teaching Assistant
Term time up to 28.75 hpw for 39 weeks per annum
Salary: £23,377-£23,607 pro-rata (Scale 4 LBRuT)
Required from October 2020
We are looking to appoint highly-motivated Teaching Assistant to support children with EHCPs in various positions across our school partnership. The successful candidate will be required to start as soon as possible to deliver high quality support and interventions. The position is available in KS2 and could be full or part-time (part-time position being every morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday).
Heathfield is a federated Infant and Junior school where every child feels important, succeeds and aspires to something greater. We are proud of the support we offer to children with SEND. We have a dedicated team of experienced Teaching Assistants led by our Team Leader. We have high expectations of our children with SEND and work in partnership with families to ensure they achieve their very best.
The successful candidates will have the following attributes:
• GCSE English and Maths (grade C or above) or equivalent
• Experience working in a primary school setting
• Excellent behaviour management skills.
• Good communication and organisation skills.
• Approachable and able to take decisions.
• A high standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Exhibit outstanding professional behaviours and lead by example.
• Show that they put the children and their progress first.
• Have good practical skills and an attention to detail.
• Are able to work with teachers and children in a calm way.
• Have excellent computing skills.
• Are energetic, creative and caring.
• Are willing to take part in training and personal development.
Closing Date: 12pm Monday 5th October
Interviews will take place on Thursday 8th October 2020
Completed applications can be posted to the school or sent via email to Christine Bhika.
Visits to the school can be arranged by telephoning the school.
Please note that all applications must be submitted using the application form, CVs will not be accepted.
The school team is committed to the safeguarding of children so all appointments are subject to satisfactory recruitment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service return.