SEND Teaching Assistant
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 20 hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 12.30pm)
Salary: Hay 10 (£9,485 - £10,066 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021 pending budgetary considerations
Are you an enthusiastic, experienced Teaching Assistant who enjoys supporting pupils with social communicational difficulties? If so, Bowsland Green Primary School is seeking to employ a SEND Teaching Assistant to support a pupil in Year 5 with social, emotion and communicational difficulties.
The hours for this posts are 20 per week (term time only) 8:30am-12:30pm.
The successful candidate will require a minimum of level 2 Teaching Assistant or equivalent. Previous experience of working with children in an educational setting is required and some vocational training/qualification in the care, development or education of children would be desirable. Knowledge and experience of supporting children with Autism and pupils with emotional literacy difficulties would also be desirable. Candidates will need to be motivated and enthusiastic and Bowsland Green would be looking to employ practitioners with the ability to build strong working relationships with children, in addition to promoting independence.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and versatile person to join our passionate team of staff. We are able to offer you:
• Superb pupils who are confident and enthusiastic learners.
• A positive community school with strong links with local cluster schools and the local community.
• A commitment to professional development and exciting further training opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in relation to supporting our pupils.
• A fully supportive SENCo to develop your professional development.
• ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) training and an opportunity to work within our Green Room provision.
• Exciting further training opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in the Early Years setting and SEN training in relation to supporting our pupils.
• Brilliant families, keen to work in partnership to ensure their children achieve the best possible outcomes.
• A skilled, committed and positive staff team – a team that work exceptionally hard and exude positivity and humour.
• A mentor who will support your induction at the school.
Please apply if:
• You are flexible, versatile and resilient in a rapidly changing work environment and enjoy working as a team.
• You are an excellent communicator.
• You have high expectations of what all pupils can achieve and are able to motivate and inspire confidence in pupils.
• You have a basic knowledge of IT skills and understand how IT can be used to support learning.
• You are keen to undertake further training.
• You want to be a part of the whole school development process.
Due to current Covid-19 regulations, we are unable to offer a tour of our school. However, if you would like to discuss the post in more detail with the school SENCo, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Closing date: 12noon, Wednesday 4th November 2020.
Interview date – Week beginning 9th November 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Bowsland Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.