Cranleigh C of E Primary School are looking for a dedicated Teaching Assistant to support the developmental needs of children who have been identified with Speech and Language Difficulties and attend the specialist Communications & Interaction Needs (CoIN) Provision from 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday. This is a permanent appointment..
The CoIN Provision is a specialist resourced setting which provides specific teaching and support for those children who have an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP). The children attending have speech and language difficulties identified as their primary need, but may also have underlying difficulties and, at times, display challenging behaviour. This is an exciting role which will enable you to make a huge difference to the lives of children between the ages of Reception to Year 2.
You will need:
• A friendly and warm nature
• Dedication to providing quality interactions with children and adults
• Clear communication skills and a good understanding of English Language skills
• A passion for young children’s learning
• Skills which demonstrate how you can be a team player
• An understanding of children’s speech and language development would be ideal, however training can be provided
How you will make the difference:
• Work under the supervision and direction of the Specialist CoIN Teacher.
• Support with the delivery of targeted Speech and Language programmes which have been devised by the Speech and Language Therapist.
• Work 1:1 with children and/or in small groups to support the delivery of targeted learning in the intervention room and support the application of these skills during class lessons.
• Support with the class routines e.g. change books, check communication diaries.
• Liaise with team members.
• Support the team to create a purposeful learning environment.
Cranleigh C of E Primary School is a mainstream primary school which is inclusive and supports the individual needs of all our children. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response and will interview before the interview date. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
If this sounds like the exciting challenge you have been waiting for, please contact Mr Derek Trawber (School Business Manager) for further information, or to arrange a COVID-secure visit. We look forward to meeting you.
Cranleigh C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required prior to starting.