SEND Teaching Assistant
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Hours: 27 1/2 hours per week, term time only (8.40am to 3.15pm) open to job share at 16.25 hours mornings only and 11.25 hours afternoons only
Salary: Hay 9 £14,946 - £16,501, per annum
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY: We are looking to appoint a skilled, caring and enthusiastic person to provide support for pupils with SEND across the school, working with different 1:1 pupils and/or small groups.
We are looking for a committed person who:
- has a calm, sensitive side
- has experience of working with children on a 1:1 basis
- is committed to the well-being of all children;
- is committed to developing pupils’ independence
- Understands how to support the four main areas of SEND
- champions vulnerable children
- is committed to supporting the strong Christian ethos of the school;
- loves their job and puts children’s needs at the heart of every decision they make.
The successful candidate will
· Demonstrate an ability to personalise learning to meet the child's needs
· Work effectively as part of a supportive staff team
· Communicate well with parents
· Be able to works towards individual APDR targets
We can offer a warm and nurturing working environment as well as a leadership team dedicated to offering professional development opportunities. We have a dedicated and supportive SENCO as well as an exceptional TA team who would be willing to support any successful applicant.
Applications close: 08/07/2022
Interviews to be held: 11/07/2022
Applicants must be in sympathy with the school’s strong caring ethos. Please contact the school for more details. School visits are welcome. Please call the school to discuss further.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Some roles may need to comply with the Childcare Act 2006, and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Frampton Cotterell CE VC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.