About the Together Trust
We’re one of the North West’s leading disability charities, offering individual care, support and education to thousands of people each year.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without our incredible team of staff and volunteers who are positive role models to the people we support.
You’ll be joining an organisation driven by its values and desire to see meaningful change - the people we support really are at the heart of everything we do.
We want you to grow and develop - so we’ll support you to shape the career that you want to have.
We can’t promise a job with us will be easy. But what we can say is your work will be filled with meaning.
A job at the Together Trust is more than just a job. Together we’ll change lives.
We’re looking for a SEND Tutor at Bridge College in Openshaw.
Bridge College is the Together Trust’s specialist education college for students aged 16 to 25 years with disabilities, complex needs and autism. Bridge College promotes a multidisciplinary approach to learning and has expertise in supporting students with a wide range of needs.
We are looking for a highly inspirational and motivated tutor who is committed and has experience of teaching learners with the most Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD). You will have a passion for developing and delivering stimulating multi-sensory learning experiences, which break down barriers to learning for young people with PMLD. You will have knowledge of how multi-disciplinary working facilitates high quality programmes and outcomes for learners with PMLD and will use this expertise to plan, assess and celebrate individual learners progress and achievement.
The successful candidate will be able to;
• Plan and teach well-structured sessions which incorporate learner aspirations, across a range of subjects linked to the Bridge College curriculum framework
• Follow Bridge College internal curriculum standards linked to planning, preparation and assessment
• Plan sessions which may incorporate both RARPA targets and accredited criteria
• Have a secure knowledge of teaching learners at pre-entry, entry and level 1-2
• Be able to foster and maintain learner’s interests, whilst continually adapting to individual needs
• Develop a varied curriculum which enables learners to develop core functional and vocational skills
• Work innovatively with learners to achieve their aspirations through practical, sequential and meaningful learning tasks
• Prepare schemes of work, update and evaluate these regularly and in accordance with learner needs
• Develop and deliver value added activities
• Degree/ level 5 qualification in a related vocational area
• PGCE/PGDE in post compulsory education or other relevant teaching qualification related to the role
• Level 2 or higher English and maths
• Commitment to and evidence of Continual Professional Development
37.5 hrs per week, 41 weeks + 165 hours undirected time, 6.6wks holiday (including BH) to be taken during college holidays
You'll get to help the people we support celebrate along the road to a brighter future. And, be part of an incredible team of like-minded peers. Together we work hard, laugh a lot, and support each other. We also have a range of rewards and benefits for our staff:
• 28 days annual leave rising to 33 after 5 years
• A company pension plan with 7% employer contribution
• Opportunity to purchase a health plan to claim towards therapy, dental and more
• Unlimited access to our employee assistance programme for advice and support
• Support from mental health first aiders
• Follow your ambitions and progress your career through on-the-job training, apprenticeships and qualifications
Bridge College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.