Little Mead Primary Academy have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced SENDCo with relevant primary experience to join our successful school. The successful candidate must hold or be working towards the SENDCo qualification.
We are looking for a dynamic, strategic lead for SEND to work three days per week (specific days can be discussed). The successful candidate will provide expertise and support to children, families and staff through the delivery of our additional needs and inclusion strategy. The role will include supporting EHCP funding applications, overseeing 1:1 Teaching Assistants, liaising with Class Teachers and providing staff training.
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy and our newly-built primary school Charlton Wood Primary Academy.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of excellent schools with ambition for every child.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the tailored professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own teams. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
As a minimum, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
• Varied and challenging work with pupils, parents/carers and other professionals;
• A chance to make a real contribution to the effective working of the team;
• Supportive senior leaders across all the Endeavour schools;
• Professional development opportunities across the Trust;
• Paid induction and training suited to the role;
• Tailored career progression through a performance management cycle for all staffing groups;
• Free tea, coffee and milk;
• Confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme;
• Free parking;
• Use of the Cycle Scheme;
• Paid completion of a DBS check;
• Flu vaccination vouchers;
• Free eye tests (where the employee is desk-based);
• Where eligible, automatic enrolment to the relevant pension scheme;
• Honouring of continuous service earned in the Local Authority;
Guidance for Applicants
• Please note that CVs will not be considered.
• Look carefully at the job description and person specification before applying for this role.
• Ensure that you cross-reference the person specification throughout your application with examples of where you have fulfilled aspects of the job description and the impact it had
• Please complete all sections of the application form as thoroughly as possible.
• Ensure that you put details of referees. If you have concerns about the suitability of a referee, please contact the recruiter directly.
Shortlisting: 6th June May
Interviews: Week beginning 6th June
Little Mead Primary Academy is part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our Child Protection Policy on the trust's website:
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.