SENDCo/Cover teacher required for Somerdale Educate Together
Salary: MPS + SEN Allowance
Reporting to: Headteacher
Responsible for: SEN Teaching Assistants
Ideally the successful candidate will start after Easter or as soon as possible afterwards. This role is 0.6FTE working 3 days per week.
Somerdale is a single entry primary school that opened its doors to children for the first time in September 2017. We currently have six classes from pre-school to year four and each year the school will increase its age range, adding an additional year group until it is an all through primary school in 2022. We are proud of our school, inside and outside the classroom, that allows us to deliver our exciting and enriching enquiry curriculum.
A career at ETAT schools:
Our school is part of a group of schools in the Educate Together Academy Trust which was established in 2014 and places inclusion at the heart of its thinking and seeks to ensure in its mission statement, that that ‘no child is an outsider.
If an equality-based education is vital to you, this is an exciting opportunity to join Educate Together and to develop outstanding practice as part of our school. All our schools operate under the following shared principles:
- Equality based – all children have equal rights of access to the school and children of all social, cultural, and religious backgrounds are equally respected.
- Co-Educational – all children are encouraged to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities.
- Child – centred – we always put the children at the heart of every decision and activity. If it is not in the interest of the children’s learning or welfare, then why do it?
- Democratically run – we encourage active participation of parents, children, and the community in the daily life of the school whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers.
We are now looking for an inspiring SENDCo to join our growing school to provide the best education for our children by ensuring they are supported, engaged, and inspired in their learning. This role will also involve teaching whole classes to provide cover support for our senior leaders. The successful candidate will have a passion for SEND and experience in supporting vulnerable children. We are happy to support applications from Aspiring or Existing SENDCos to take on this role under the supervision of our Executive SENDCo .
As part of our energetic, hardworking, and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success whilst supporting the development of a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
What we are looking for
- An outstanding practitioner
- Innovative and inspirational
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate, inspire and support colleagues.
- Can work effectively with all stakeholders, particularly parents.
- Has a sound knowledge of the SEN code of practice.
- Committed to and has a strong belief in teamwork
- Able to lead, challenge and motivate children and colleagues
- Committed to working with parents, carers, and the wider community
Why work at Somerdale ET
At Somerdale you will have:
- A chance to work in an inclusive, vibrant, and supportive community
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within the ETAT Schools
- The support of an Executive SENDCo who works across the Trust
- Relevant CPD opportunities to support your development
If you feel you are the right person for this role please apply via eteach by 9am on the 26th February. Interviews will be held on the week beginning 8th March.
Somerdale Educate Together Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.