Riverside Primary School & Nursery, Belmont Avenue, Hereford, HR2 7JF
SENDCo (full time)
Teacher pay scale (both main/upper range considered) plus SEND allowance
Required September 2021 (or sooner if possible)
An excellent career opportunity has arisen to join our friendly and thriving school. We would like to appoint a suitably experienced candidate to work as part of our senior leadership team. We are looking for an individual who can provide a strategic and operational oversight for those pupils with SEND.
The successful applicant will work as the designated teacher for looked-after and previously looked-after children and will support our safeguarding team. This post does not have a regular teaching commitment.
The SENDCo, under the direction of the Headteacher, will:
• Determine the strategic development of SEND provision and policy in the school
• Be responsible for day to day operation of the SEND policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEND
• Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents/carers and other agencies
• The SENDCo will also be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document
Educational requirements and qualifications:
• Qualified teacher status
• SENDCo qualification
• SEND experience
• Teaching experience in a primary school, with a commitment to high quality educational experiences for all pupils
• Experience in leading, supporting and training staff to improve outcomes for pupils
We can offer you:
• A welcoming school situated in the city of Hereford that benefits from expansive grounds, with views of the River Wye and Hereford Cathedral
• Excellent opportunities for professional development
• Dedicated staff who are committed to making a difference
• Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• A modern, well-resourced building
Riverside is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and relevant pre-employment checks.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer visits to the school due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We welcome telephone conversations regarding the post in the meantime.
Closing date: 12 noon on 18 March 2021.
Application forms should be submitted directly to the school. Previous applicants need not apply.