Redlands Community Primary School
19.5 hours per week
MPS or UPS depending on experience (£25,714 - £41,604) plus a SENDCo TLR
We have an incredibly exciting opportunity for a qualified, experienced and talented SENDCo to join our team to co-ordinate the provision for our pupils with SEND.
- To lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils.
- To model effective teaching, to coach and train colleagues and to teach across the school.
- To keep all aspects of paperwork including records, policies and SEND school offer up-to-date and actioned, as appropriate.
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and progress.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal growth and enjoyment.
- To support and promote the ethos of the whole school.
- To promote inclusive practises and support the development of pupils wellbeing
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Success in teaching of children, with a clear understanding of the teaching provision required for pupils with a range of abilities and need
- Success in teaching of children, with a clear understanding of the teaching provision required for pupils with a range of abilities and needs
- Clarity of thinking on what constitutes high quality learning, and effective curriculum provision for pupils.
- We require an individual to be nurturing, whilst also understanding the need to be direct and empathetic when working with our community.
Please refer to the documents attached for more information about the role and to assist in your application
Why choose us:
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
In return we can offer you:
- A team of friendly, supportive & hardworking colleagues.
- Excellent opportunities for professional development across Discovery Schools Trust.
- Pension scheme
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- On-site parking
Closing Date: 24th June (midnight)
Interview date: 1st July 2021
Proposed start date: 23rd August 2021
Redlands Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.