SENDCo – non class based
Temporary / Maternity Cover
(to start as soon as possible for at least 12 months)
MPS/UPS + TLR 1
About Varna Community Primary School
At Varna Community Primary School we care about each other and our school. Our pupils, parents, teachers and governors work together to enjoy learning and inspire children to achieve success. We want to provide the best possible education for our pupils and for you to be a part of that learning journey.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and motivated SENDCo who is committed to providing an exciting and rewarding experience for all our pupils.
As a SENDCo you will lead, monitor and evaluate the development of teaching and learning strategies for pupils with SEND. You will also need to provide staff across the whole school with access to appropriate subject based professional development and lead on raising standards of student attainment and achievement with SEND pupils in all year groups.
You will be responsible for specialist teaching staff and designated learning support assistants and liaise with all staff across school, in order to develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
You will monitor and support pupil progress, developing strategies to raise standards of pupil attainment and achievement for specific cohorts of SEND pupils. You will also liaise with external agencies, parents and carers and be accountable for overall standards and improving results measured against national benchmarks. You will be required to ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balance and relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils and be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject/curriculum areas of the SEND across the school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has been in a SENDCo role or has worked in a special school or has the experience to be an effective SENDCo in a two form entry school, with children with high end needs
• Has completed the Nasenco qualification (or part way through). For the right candidate the school is open to supporting the completion of this accreditation if this is required
• Will provide strategic leadership and vision for SEND across the school
• Lead and manage SEND in accordance with the published SEND policy and updated 2015 SEND Code of Practice: 0–25 years
• Will be an integral member of the Leadership, Family Support and Safeguarding Team
• Will be proactive in developing and supporting primary links
• Will contribute to the values and beliefs of the school
At Varna Primary School we can offer you:
• Highly motivated and well behaved children who enjoy coming to school.
• A culturally rich and diverse community with supportive and engaged parents.
• Excellent professional development opportunities.
• A strong team of dedicated staff to work alongside.
• A supportive working environment committed to school improvement.
• A warm and pleasant school environment with excellent outdoor space.
• A school with a strong track record for excellent attainment.
Experience working in a similar role is essential. The post is to cover a maternity leave and start as soon as possible (12 to 18 months).
Varna Community Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS), satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Closing date for applications is Monday 1st November 12 noon.
Varna Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.