Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator
Permanent, full-time post required to start in April or September 2022.
UPS/Leadership Pay Scale - to be agreed upon appointment.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an individual who has a passion for working with SEND children, and to develop this role with a committed and supportive team to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
Candidates for this post should have:
• a strong pastoral background with demonstrable experience and knowledge in the SEND field
• an evidence-informed understanding of approaches that support students with SEND to be successful
• high expectations of all students to be able to succeed
• excellent interpersonal skills and be able to establish strong relationships
• drive and enthusiasm through which you can work with the senior leadership team in developing the SEND provision
• qualified teacher status (essential)
• qualified SENDCo status or be willing to complete the training to achieve the qualification.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference and stamp your mark where it is needed
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best
• High quality development opportunities and a supportive and dynamic learning environment
• A wonderful workplace location in South-East Cornwall.
Further details for the post are available from the HR Manager, Mrs Jones.
Closing date: 7th February 2022
Interviews: W/C 14th February 2022
The post is subject to a Prohibition Check and an enhanced DBS check. Torpoint Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.