Wyke Primary Academy
Inclusion Leader and Lead DSL
Permanent - Part time 3 days per week (days flexible)
TMPS/UPS plus SENDCo allowance
Required from October 2022 or January 23
Wyke Primary Academy is looking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Inclusion Leader to join our friendly and supportive Senior Leadership Team. We provide a safe, secure, caring and inclusive environment underpinned by our values. This enables our children to thrive, feel valued and develop independence so that they can achieve their full potential. We are proud of our school, outdoor learning and pastoral support. We are part of The Kite Academy Trust which comprises 10 local primary academies. The MAT already has a strong culture of partnership work and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of an Inclusion Leader team to give mutual support across the ten academies.
We invite applications from practitioners who are committed to raising the achievement of all vulnerable children in our academies. We welcome teachers who are looking for a part-time position in our team of Inclusion Leaders.
We are looking for outstanding practitioners who can demonstrate the following:
- The ability to develop, evaluate and implement the academy’s Special Educational Needs policy and provision, leading on the deployment of resources.
- Support all staff in identifying, assessing and planning to meet the needs of all vulnerable pupils.
- The ability to liaise effectively with parents/carers and a range of specialists and agencies to plan and evaluate provision.
- Be able to lead, develop and manage the academy’s Inclusion team.
- Be an active member of the Kite Inclusion Team.
- The ability to motivate, lead and inspire colleagues.
- High aspirations for all children with a desire to raise standards.
- A commitment to professional development.
- An ability to work as the Lead DSL in order to ensure the best for all children
The Kite will offer the successful candidates:
- The opportunity to be part of a team of Inclusion Leaders who will support each other with the work associated with this post.
- Excellent opportunities for CPD within the Kite Academy Trust.
- The opportunity for career progression within the Kite.
Visits to Wyke Primary Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact the office on 01483-811197 if you would like to make an appointment.
Closing date: midday, Friday 9th September 2022
Interviews to be arranged shortly after the closing date
The Kite Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Wyke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.