Full time, permanent contract
2.5 days Class Teacher, 2.5 days SENCo
Pay: MPS-UPR with TLR
With effect from September 2021
We are looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic innovator who is excited by challenge and committed to improving the life chances of our young people. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for, and wealth of experience in, working alongside those children with special educational needs.
Our school is an exciting inner-city school that provides a first class educational experience to all children. We are a diverse, inclusive school and value and celebrate individuality and differences.
Key purpose of the job
• Class teaching, alongside strategically leading the SEND provision within the school.
• With the support of the Head of School and Executive Headteacher this role involves the day to day operation of provision made by the school for pupils with special educational needs, disability or a medical condition in order to ensure that their learning is of the highest quality.
• Ensuring all SEND students make progress and achieve their potential.
• Working collaboratively with other schools and outside agencies to ensure the best support for all children with learning needs
We require someone who:
• is an exceptional classroom teacher, committed to their own professional development and that of others;
• already holds or is willing to undertake, the national Special Educational Needs Coordination award;
• is highly ambitious for themselves, our children and the school;
• is flexible, dedicated and prepared to ‘go above and beyond’ to ensure the children make outstanding progress;
• has high expectations, is motivated and enjoys working as part of a team;
In return, we can offer:
• the opportunity to teach delightful pupils who are keen to work hard and display exemplary attitudes to learning;
• outstanding professional development opportunities;
• a highly supportive, experienced leadership team, including governors;
• the opportunity to work as part of a large, talented team.
If you would like the opportunity to work with wonderful children in one of the city’s most diverse schools, then we would love to hear from you. Tours of the school are highly recommended. Please contact the school office to arrange a time to visit.
Clifton Primary is part of Humber Education Trust. Our exciting, forward thinking Trust comprises of twelve primary and three special schools. For more information, please visit the Trust website.
Any questions about the application process, please contact:
Carla Varley – HR Administrator
Closing Date: Sunday 16th May 2021 (midnight)
Interviews: Friday 21st May 2021
Clifton Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.