Hours: 15.5 hours per week, term time only Salary: Grade 6, scp 14 – 19, £8,092 - £8,934 actual salary per annum.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Achievement Support Assistant to supervise and care for pupils in our Early Years setting.
The contract is to start as soon as possible and is a permanent position.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to establish constructive relationships with pupils according to their individual needs.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents encouraging pupils to use set strategies to support independence.
- Set challenging and demanding expectations to promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide effective support to maximise attainment and accelerate the progress of individuals and groups of pupils.
- Assist in the monitoring and marking of pupils’ responses to learning activities, making use of the school’s tracking data, completing accurate records and reports.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ attainment, progress, behaviour and attitudes to learning.
- Contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning and assist in the recording of pupils’ progress.
- Under the direction of senior staff deliver bespoke intervention and enrichment programmes e.g. literacy, numeracy, guided reading, phonics, spelling, language development, early years, social skills, emotional skills and behavioural skills, recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher.
Further information regarding the role can be found in the job description.
Why Choose Thanet?
Thanet Primary School, part of Horizon Academy Trust, is a caring community of children, parents, staff and governors. Together we continually strive to provide a happy, supportive and safe environment in which the unique potential in every child is realised. Our expectations are high because we are ambitious for our pupils who are encouraged and challenged to be the best they can. Our aim is for each child to become a confident, enthusiastic and independent learner, ready to take their next steps in the world. We believe that education can make a difference to lives and we are committed to working in partnership with parents and carers in order to achieve these goals.
This post presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution to the future development of the school and to the outcomes and life chances of our students.
We are very proud of our school and of our children. If you would like to find out more about us, please contact the office to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: Friday 6 November 2020 at noon
Shortlisting: Friday 6 November 2020 afternoon
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 9 November 2020
Please consider that you have not been successful if you have not been contacted by Friday 13 November 2020 and thank you for your interest.
Thanet Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.