Grade & Scale point: 6, SCP 14 - 19
Salary: £23,080 - £25,481 Full time equivalent
£18,926 - £20,895 Actual salary
Hours of work: 36 hours 15 minutes per week
8:30am - 4:15pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break
Start date: November 2021
Clifton Primary an exciting inner-city school that provides a first class educational experience to all children. We are a diverse and inclusive school, valuing and celebrating individuality and differences.
We require a highly committed, talented candidate to join our team as a Senior Achievement Support Assistant.
• Ability to work independently with groups of pupils or individuals delivering bespoke intervention and enrichment programmes, recording achievement and progress.
• Sets challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
• Support the emotional, behavioural and pastoral needs of all pupils, including children with additional needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education / Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
• Promotes good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict in line with school procedures, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths Grade A-C (or equivalent)• Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS Guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
• NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification
• Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
• Sound knowledge of phonics and guided reading within school in order to raise attainment in reading
• Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
• Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
• A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our S2S Support Leaders and Peers network.
• Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
• Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
• A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
• Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
If you would like the opportunity to work with wonderful children in one of the city’s most diverse schools, then we would love to hear from you.
Tours of the school are highly recommended and available by appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete an application form and submit via ETeach. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
Closing date for completed applications: 8am, Monday 4 October 2021
Interviews: 7 October 2021
If you have any queries regarding the role or application process, please contact: Carla Varley, HR Administrator, at Clifton Primary School.
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service, Children’s Barred List Check, Section 128 check where applicable, identity checks, medical clearance, proof of qualifications, satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK checks.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.