37 Hours per week – Term Time
The Governing Body of Plasnewydd Primary School seeks to appoint a hardworking, committed person to join and lead our office team. If you are a confident, friendly and flexible individual who would like to make a difference to the outcomes of children attending our school, this could be just the role for you.
You will exhibit outstanding interpersonal and organisational skills to support the smooth running of the school. You will represent our school’s values and provide a warm and welcoming first point of contact for visitors to the school. You should be professional when handling confidential material, be an excellent communicator and ideally have experience of working in a busy office environment within a school setting. You will also be responsible for providing a professional and friendly point of call to all parents and visitors to the school, ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
The post requires a professional with:
• Strong ICT skills and experience in using a range of computer programmes;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• High standards of organisation and time management skills;
• Wide experience in undertaking clerical/administrative/data/finance duties in a school setting;
• An ability to be creative, innovative and willingness to contribute ideas with a positive attitude towards addressing the needs of the school;
• The ability to work efficiently, problem solve, multi-task, prioritise and stay calm under pressure in an environment of changing workload demands and new school challenges;
• The ability to assist with marketing materials and the overall marketing and promotion of the school, supporting the research of development of new concepts and further developing the school website;
Protecting children, young people or adults at risk is a core responsibility of all council employees.
Applicants should note that a criminal records check by the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) will be necessary for the successful applicant.
Closing Date: 19 May 2021
Plasnewydd Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.