Lydiard Park Academy in West Swindon is seeking a Senior Caretaker to join our busy premises team.
Are you a responsible and motivated individual who would like to play in key role in a thriving and successful school?
Supporting the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the academy site and associated facilities, the management of specialist site services within the academy and the hygiene team as well as site security and overseeing external contractors working on site. You will have previous experience of managing a small maintenance or caretaking team.
The Park Academies Trust was formed in 2016 with the vision to make a significant contribution to improving education in Swindon and surrounds.
The Trust began in the secondary sector with Lydiard Park Academy (LPA), our founder school, being joined by Abbey Park School in North Swindon in 2018. As we have grown, we have welcomed two primary schools (Red Oaks Primary and Orchid Vale Primary). As a result, we are able to offer an all through provision from nursery right up to our Sixth Form based at LPA, enabling staff and pupils alike to benefit from being part of a thriving multi-phase educational Trust.
We celebrated an excellent year for GCSE results across both secondary schools in 2020 and another very successful set of A-level results from our Sixth Form based at LPA. We need talented staff as we take advantage of the unique opportunities ahead.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Caretaker who can :-
• lead by example
• take responsibility for the day to day management of the academy site
• be responsible for associated facilities and the management of specialist site services within the academy
• manage other site staff including allocation and monitoring of work for the caretaking team and performance appraisal
• oversee external contractors working on site, ensuring adherence to service level agreements
• be proactive and hands on, carrying out practical tasks when needed
• work occasional shift cover and weekend cover when required
We are keen to hear from interested candidates who: -
• have several years’ experience working in a relevant discipline i.e. Senior caretaking/site keeping experience in an academy or similar environment
• have management/supervisory experience
• can demonstrate use of appropriate specialist equipment/resources
• have an excellent understanding of health and safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures
• who can organise, lead and motivate a team
• can relate well to children and adults
What we offer
• Competitive salary
• Support from an experienced and knowledgeable management team,
• Enthusiastic, approachable and dedicated colleagues
• Opportunities for training
• Attractive Pension Scheme
• Access to Benenden Health Care Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme