“I have found the maths department to be extremely supportive and welcoming, and the school to be one which prioritises staff and student wellbeing.” NQT 2018-2019
Malmesbury School wishes to appoint a dynamic, well-qualified and experienced teacher to this key leadership role within the school. The Mathematics and Computing faculty is a team of talented, supportive and innovative teachers whose passion and enthusiasm for their subjects has helped secure a history of successful examination outcomes. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the faculty into the next chapter of curriculum design and provision supported by Curriculum Leaders with established responsibilities and a newly appointed Trust Maths Lead. We have large numbers of students studying Mathematics and Computing at A Level and offer both Computing and Creative iMedia, at GCSE. The ability to teach Further Mathematics at A Level is desirable. The school has superb accommodation and the Mathematics and Computing Faculty occupies a suite of classrooms equipped with interactive whiteboards grouped around a large faculty office.
At Malmesbury School our vision is to be a happy, caring and excellent community. We are proud to be a truly comprehensive school providing an education of the highest quality for all the students within Malmesbury and the surrounding area.
In March 2015 we established the Athelstan Multi Academy Trust which consists of three secondary schools (Malmesbury School, Bradon Forest School and The Dean Academy), two in North Wiltshire and one in Gloucestershire. The Trust offers further career development opportunities for colleagues to work across more than one school in a supportive environment. In addition to the Teaching School and Trust opportunities, teaching staff at Malmesbury School have a wealth of employee benefits including:
- An excellent induction programme including support for those returning to teaching/new to schools.
- A comprehensive in-school CPD programme including specialist training using external providers.
- Coaching and mentoring support from senior leaders for those new to leadership roles.
- Access to Middle and Senior Leadership CPD courses run by the North Wiltshire Federation via the Trust’s Avon Teaching School Alliance.
- Termly teaching and learning and Athelstan Trust newsletters that share best practice and latest news.
- Continual collaboration and sharing of resources to reduce workload and improve provision for students.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
- An extensive student enrichment and trip programme.
- An on-site counselling service.
Malmesbury School is a highly successful school that offers unparalleled support and opportunities to staff who wish to develop their skills and leadership. The school is well situated just north of the M4 (J17), within easy travelling distance of Bristol, Bath, and Swindon and just on the edge of the Cotswolds.
The closing date for applications is noon on Monday 9th March 2020 with interviews taking place on Friday 13th March 2020.
The Athelstan Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure by the DBS.
Malmesbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.