Hours: 6 Hours 40 minutes per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 12.05pm – 1.25pm)
Salary: Hay 12 (£2,562 - £2,619 per annum)
Fixed term until 31st August 2019 pending staffing review.
Emerson’s Green Primary School is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and caring person to join our friendly team of School Meal Supervisory Assistants as a Lead Supervisor.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead our friendly and supportive team and work with children who friendly, proud of their school and are polite and courteous to adults. Our school is a highly inclusive school that is thriving, popular and supportive of all.
Key aspects of the post include:
• Oversea the rota for the SMSAs including making changes if staff are absent
• Be a point of contact for the Senior leadership team and pass team messages onto the SMSAs
• Ensuring the safe supervision of all pupils during the lunchtime period in the dining hall, playground and other areas within the school.
• Supporting the children to eat their food
• Clearing up the hall after the children have eaten
• Working effectively as part of a team
• Encouraging children to play fairly and safely.
The successful candidates will:
• Be flexible and use their own initiative
• Be enthusiastic and full of energy
• Support children to resolve their differences
• Be friendly and have a good sense of humour
• Be reliable and punctual
• Promote a healthy lifestyle and positive play
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st March 2019 at 12noon.
Emersons Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.