Note: Applicants will be considered as applications are received. Should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
We at Brunel Academies Trust are a proud, growing educational community with a vision of “no barriers, only potential”. We strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for our children and young people (CYP) whether they are within our SEND provisions or mainstream schools.
As a developing Multi Academy Trust, now is an exciting time to join our Central People Team as we look to secure an experienced People Services Business Partner as we enter our next phase of development, to support the Head of People Services in developing a People agenda that closely supports the overall aims of Brunel Academies Trust and its partner organisations.
Reporting directly to the Head of People Services, your role will be diverse and exciting as you support the People Services Advisors who work closely with the organisation’s Head of Education Provisions (HoEP), able to act as the People Specialist in all aspects of individual case management, support the Head of People Services to develop, implement and review People policies and procedures, consulting with trade unions in line with legislation, benchmarking and best practices, undertake project work and have autonomy to advise, coach and influence our PSAs and HoEPs across the Trust to ensure consistent application of the Trust’s policies and people management practices.
The attached job description will detail your role in full. But at a glance, some of the key fields you will be responsible for include:
- To provide and deliver high quality People consultancy support, advice, guidance and recommendations to a range of Leaders, Managers and colleagues within the Trust; in respect of People related matters such as employment legislation, terms and conditions, absence management, capability, disciplinary and other general HR policies and procedures. Ensuring that People policies and practices are followed and cases are dealt with promptly, fairly and in the best interest of the Trust.
- Ensure PSAs conduct exit interviews with leavers and that the data is captured and reported consistently across the Trust.
- Contribute to the strategic agenda taking a lead role, through research and/or project work, on specific, technical or business topics. Develop policy and practice to support the delivery of the People Services strategy
- To actively challenge, question and clarify with leaders, managers of all levels, employees and senior People colleagues in order to reach a satisfactory outcome in all People issues
- Provide cover for the Head of People Services as and when required
- To act as first point of call with regards to Bullying and Harassment queries, this may be highly sensitive in its nature and will require providing the individual and the manager a range of options in order to support them through the process
Our person specification attached will contain the full areas of skills and experience, but it is really important to us that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have and these include:
- CIPD L5 qualified or equivalent experience at a senior HR level
- Up to date employment law knowledge
- Experience of engagement of Senior Management and influencing decision making
- Demonstrable experience of building, improving and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders
- Working knowledge of ER, change management and workforce development
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
Location: Orbital Central Office, Swindon/Provisions. Travel regularly to organisation sites will be part of your role. Access to your own vehicle will be essential.
Interviews: Monday 22 August 2022
Brunel Academies Trust is a rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust. We value our colleagues and the effort they put into our children and young people day in and out. Whether through continuous professional development (CPD) to feed your ambitions, personal and impartial support through challenging days or exciting and easy to use discounts to enjoy with friends and family, we have a package of excellent benefits which are available to all employees including:
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
To learn more about our Trust and our mission, please do visit our website at www. brunel.org.uk or for more information on this exciting opportunity please write to recruitment @brunelsenmat.org.uk.
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview in line with Safer Recruitment and KCSIE.
Brunel Academies Trust is dedicated to the vision of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. We value the contributions of all colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and actively seek to promote an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.