Hours: 37 hours per week | Full Time / Shift Work
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade 7, Point 19-22 (Actual salary £28,672 - £31,346)
*Early applications are advised*
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Premises Officer to provide high quality maintenance, security and cleanliness for the school to ensure all pupils, staff and visitors have a comfortable, clean and well-maintained learning environment. At Orchard Mead Academy all students, teachers and staff share a common vision to make a positive difference to ourselves, to others and to the world. We encourage all members of our learning community to respect their surroundings and we take collective responsibility to make Orchard Mead Academy and the wider community a better place.
The successful candidate will undertake strategic and operational management responsibility for the maintenance, security, health & safety and general administration of the School/College sites, their grounds, buildings, facilities and equipment ensuring they operate efficiently and effectively.
The purpose of this role is to:
• Ensure the whole school environment is maintained to a good standard, ensuring the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
• Implement and maintain adequate security measures and procedures for the site buildings and facilities.
• Ensure premises, grounds, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained in an effective and planned manner.
• Provide an annual risk assessment and audit report of all facilities with necessary recommendations of any actions needed.
• Ensure that catering facilities meet the Academy’s and statutory requirements.
• Promote and maximise the use of buildings and facilities and income.
• Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school and promote the Academy’s and Trust’s policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
• Ensure the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will:
• Basic D.I.Y. skills and able to carry out minor repairs to buildings and equipment.
• Experience of Building Regulations and guidelines in detail and others e.g. H&S, Child protection, etc.
• Experience of being solely responsible for facilities and staff in an operational setting.
• Experience of organising new or refurbishment building work or repairs.
• Be flexible and able to work outside of normal hours, and be on call for emergencies.
• Be an ambassador for the school in relation to our vision and values, serving our students and the wider community.
*Previous Applicants need not apply*
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Friday 26th February 2021, 12pm
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.