Senior Science Technician
To start in September 2020
Scale G 12-14 (£22,021-£23,836 FTE)
Full time, term time plus 2 weeks
Deadline: Midnight Sunday 5th July 2020
Interview w/c 6th July 2020
This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Could you be the enthusiastic, organised and competent Senior Science Technician we are looking for?
We need a highly motivated, innovative and committed individual to provide comprehensive and effective Senior Technician support to the Science Faculty. You will be working in a busy, vibrant and supportive environment where your reliability and forward planning will be essential. You will be Co-ordinating the use of practical resources and facilities, providing assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the Science curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside the faculty.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of Science based technical support and I would urge interested candidates to peruse the Job Description for this role.
- Be highly organised
- Have a proven ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- A sense of humour
As you will constantly be liaising with staff, students and other technicians, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
The job description (see the application pack for details) lists all the main duties of the post, together with further details of the competencies (skills), experience, qualifications, knowledge and abilities required to do the job. The criteria listed within the job description detail how each of these areas will be assessed. It is important that you identify the competencies, experience, qualifications, knowledge and abilities that will be assessed by application form, as you will need to provide evidence that you meet the criteria.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected group of schools
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits, retail & gym discounts.
- Free access to employee assistance programme.
- As a Mindful Employer we also support positive mental health.
Considerable experience of working in one or more of:
- An academic, technical or vocational qualification to GCSE ‘A’ level/ NVQ Level3 standard in subject area with at least 2 year’s relevant experience as a technician working in a school,
- Excellent use of IT packages to support learning in specialist area
- Ability to establish good working relationships, work proactively within the team, develop the team, liaise with suppliers, other school staff and pupils.
- Demonstrable knowledge of health and safety regulations and requirements within the relevant area
Find out more about this exciting opportunity download the application pack
We will require two satisfactory references before a job offer is confirmed; one of which must be your line manager in your present or most recent employment. If you are at school/college or are leaving university please give details of the name and address of your Headteacher or tutor. Please remember to check that your referees are actually available to provide a reference, as failure to do this could cause a delay in confirming your appointment.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.