The postholder will develop, manage, organise and co-ordinate the physical and human resources used to support the teaching of science in the school.
The post is for 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term-time).
Salary: Scale 5 – Points 19 - 22 (£18,101 - £19,850 – actual salary)
For further details please contact Lynn Dawson, HR/Admin Manager on 0116
The successful applicant will:
1. ensure that the technical staff and their procedures meet the needs of the Science Faculty/Department’s staff and students.
2. ensure that the Science Faculty/Department’s apparatus, equipment, chemicals, compounds and other material resources are accounted for and are stored or maintained in accordance with national and local policy and procedures.
3. assist teachers in the provision of high quality science lessons by providing and setting up practical resources as requested.
4. optimise the use and availability of science materials and equipment and maintain the highest standards of safety.
5. ensure that classrooms, preparation and storage areas are kept clean and spillages and waste are properly disposed of.
6. develop technical expertise in the equipment and apparatus used in science teaching and new techniques that facilitate practical and investigative work in science teaching.
7. ensure that the College’s policy and procedures are followed in dealing with parents, staff and pupils.
8. maintain good relationships with parents, staff and students.
9. implement and promote the College's policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Closing date for applications:
Friday 31st August 2018 – 12 pm