Permanent, full-time (37 hours per week), term time only plus 2 weeks to be worked in the school holidays, to start in September 2020.
VTG7 Scale Point 18-21, £18,800 - £20,951 per annum pro rata (actual salary £16,080 - £17,920 per annum) plus an allowance of £1500 per annum for the Health and Safety Coordinator responsibilities + Health Cash Plan and Benefit package (see website for full details of our employee benefit package).
Venturers Trust is a dynamic and focused multi-academy trust based in Bristol, formed in September 2017 through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust. The Trust is responsible for eight academies, 3,500 pupils and 700 staff with a commitment to making a significant and lifelong difference to the lives of young people from some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged communities.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
We wish to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic Senior Science Technician and Health & Safety Co-ordinator to start in September 2020.
Building on our values of resilience, respect, responsibility and curiosity, we are seeking a candidate who will drive and nurture the holistic development of each individual student, challenging them in both their academic progress and the characteristics they hold, so that they can become the compelling individuals of the future.
The successful candidate will have:
• Been educated to a high standard with a minimum GCSE grade C in English, Mathematics and Science (or equivalent qualifications).
• Experience of managing people
• Experience of dealing effectively with parents, staff and students
• Ability to use Microsoft products, particularly Excel and Word and outlook, and other IT databases
• Experience of working within a similar health and safety role
• Knowledge of legislative Health & Safety compliance and application of these skills
• First Aid at Work certificate or willingness to undertake first aid training
In return you will have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Tuesday 7th July 2020 at 9:00 Interviews: TBC, shortly afterwards
Colston's Girls' School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.