Llanishen Fach Primary School
Headteacher: Sarah Coombes
Age range: 3 -11
Post Ref: ED50262694/ED50262693/ED50262692
Temporary and Permanent until 31st March 2020
Senior Teaching Assistant Level 4 – Grade 6
£24,799 - £28,785 pro rata 39 weeks a year
Term Time only
The governing body are looking to appoint a number of enthusiastic and innovative Grade 6 Higher Level Teaching Assistants to join our team this autumn.
The successful candidate will have:
• High expectations of children’s achievement
• The ability to inspire and challenge children through an innovative and creative approach to learning and teaching
• Experience of working with severe and complex need learners
• Experience of leading outdoor learning curriculum.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture relationships with staff, pupils and parents
• Be innovative, reliable and flexible with a positive outlook
• Work well with the whole school community to ensure the very best experience for our children.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
These vacancies are suitable for post share.
These posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Checks.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50262694/ED50262693/ED50262692 and the job title.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned by post or email to Mrs Christine James, Llanishen Fach Primary School at the above address. Please specify whether you wish to be considered for either the temporary or permanent posts or both.
Candidates will be observed teaching as part of the interview process.
Closing dates for applications: 22nd November 2019 at 10.00 a.m.
Interviews will take place week commencing 25th November 2019.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.