St. Cuthbert’s R.C. Primary School
Head Teacher: Mrs B. Brooks
NOR: 105 Age Range: 5 –11
Senior Teaching Assistant
Post Ref No: ED32014371
Grade 6 Spinal Points 19 - 25 (£25,481 - £29,577 PRO RATA)
21 hours 45 mins per week (Mon - Wed) / 39 weeks per year (term time contract)
Temporary until 31st March 2022 initially as this post is funded through the Pupil Development Grant
Start Date: 17th May 2021
The Governing Body of this Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a knowledgeable, experienced, happy and caring HLTA to undertake Nurture or ALN support. We are looking to appoint an inspirational person who can support the Senior Leadership Team in providing high quality nurture and ALN provision for our FSM and vulnerable pupils.
You will be able to:
• Lead 1-1, small group and whole class nurture sessions
• Use your own individual talents to lead enrichment sessions. These could include: gardening, crafts, outdoor learning or forest schools, textiles
• Structure targeted support for specific ALN needs
• Support our staff in improving attendance for those pupils who are regularly absent
• Promote mental health and wellbeing strategies for our school community
• Work effectively with parents and carers to support them with their child or children
• Cover staff absence and PPA
• Be an active member of the school’s safeguarding team
St. Cuthbert’s Primary is in the heart of Cardiff Bay. We have a strong and supportive community with wonderful, enthusiastic children who are well behaved. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is passionate about improving the life chances of young people. Our successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives of our children and the community we serve.
You will be expected to uphold the Catholic Ethos of the school and be committed to a climate of equality of opportunities and inclusion for all.
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Director/ Assistant Director/ Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms to be returned direct to the school by hand or post by the closing date.
Closing Date: Friday 30th April 2021 (Noon)
Interview Process week beginning: Monday 3rd May 2021
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.