Senior Teaching Assistant
Salary range: Grade G12-14 (depending on experience)
£22,627 to £24,491 pro rata (Actual salary: £16,771 to £18,152 per annum)
- 8.30am to 3.30pm (Mon, Tue, Thu) 8.30am to 3.00pm (Fri) 8.30am to 4.00pm (Wed – training from 3.00pm to 4.00pm)
- Term-time only (plus 2 days), 32.5 hours per week
- 30 minute lunch break
- Plus 13 induction training sessions that will take place over a period of time held on Tuesdays or Thursdays 3.00pm to 4.00pm
Contract type: Permanent
Commencement date: January 2022
Exeter House is a forward thinking, aspirational and vibrant Special School in Salisbury. This is an exciting time for us as we are exploring opportunities for expansion and further development of our provision and aim to become a Centre of Excellence for the south of Wiltshire. We are committed to supporting our local community and have developed an outreach service. This has been exceptionally well received by both parents and professionals.
We are a supportive and caring school where we strive to enable everyone to be the best they can be. We not only believe in the extraordinary but seek it out in every student we work with and every staff member who works for us.
Exeter House is part of the Somerset Road Education Trust: a unique collaborative multi-academy trust, formed in partnership with St Mark’s CofE Junior School and Wyndham Park Infants’ School who share our campus. We also have an offsite vocational centre for our older students. At present the school caters for approximately 158 young people between the ages of 4 and 19 who have PMLD, SLD or Complex Needs. A significant number of students also have a diagnosis of autism.
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are an experienced teaching assistant within the field of SEND.
- You are passionate, proactive and dedicated about improving the learning opportunities for children and young people.
- You have an ability to work with a range of children and young people with additional and complex needs.
- You are a team player who can build good working relationships with colleagues.
- You are flexible, enthusiastic and resilient, with a good sense of humour.
- You have good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills.
- You are committed to ongoing professional development.
- You have high aspirations in teaching and learning for all children and young people.
We can offer you:
- A positive and friendly working environment.
- An opportunity to work with an amazing group of young people.
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing CPD programme and training.
- Opportunities and support for continued professional growth.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reduced membership fee at local Health and Fitness Club.
If you would like further information about this role or a tour of the school, please contact HR on 01722-420699.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Advertisement closing date: Tuesday 14th December 2021 (midday)
Interview date (if known): TBC
Somerset Road Education Trust (SRET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Exeter House Special School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.