We are seeking an experienced teaching assistant to join us from 1st September 2022 in the role of senior teaching assistant to enhance our class-based support staff team.
Montpelier Primary School is a large, three form entry and over-subscribed outstanding school in Ealing, West London. We have been a National Support School since 2012 and until September 2021 also led as a National Teaching School. This allows us to offer particularly targeted robust and supportive CPD and mentoring opportunities for all our staff.
The school has the most up to date technology in all classrooms and makes effective use of a range of online services to support our teaching and learning.
We are committed to supporting our staff to manage workload and actively review practice to ensure a positive work / life balance. In addition to this, the school benefits from staff parking, excellent public transport links and beautiful surroundings, being adjacent to an established arboretum. Our parents/carers are actively engaged in supporting their children’s education and contribute through volunteering and attendance at school events and workshops. Our PTFA is extremely active in fundraising to enhance the pupil environment and experience at Montpelier.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of child development, excellent communication skills, a high level of motivation and enthusiasm and lots of energy to be successful in this role.
Main Purpose of the job
- To work under the specific supervision, instruction and guidance of the class teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom.
- To be able to cover whole class teaching and learning as required
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the organisation and management of pupils and the classroom.
- To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supporting learning environment.
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring that they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- To perform a range of tasks under the specific supervision, instruction and guidance of the Leadership Team.
We are keen to meet candidates who:
- can contribute to a dynamic and committed team
- are able to enthuse and inspire pupils
- have excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents/carers
- have experience of using technology to support learning or are keen to acquire these new skills
- was judged to be Outstanding in 2012
- has a staff that is committed to the school ethos of BASICS (Belonging, Aspiration, Safety, Identity, Challenge, Success)
- has a very supportive leadership team
- is committed to continuing professional development
- is highly popular and well-resourced
- has children who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- has parents and carers who are supportive and ambitious for their children.
The school has a supportive ethos and is focused on professional development for all staff members.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office to arrange.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and appropriate safeguarding checks will be undertaken on shortlisted candidates and further checks will be carried out on the successful candidate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore, if shortlisted, you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ prior to your interview. Please visit the Policies section on our school website to read our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
Closing date: Friday, 1st July 2022
Interviews will take place during the following week
Montpelier Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.