Senior Teaching Assistant for SEND & Inclusion to start 4th January 2022
25 hours per week, term time only (plus up to 5 INSET days as required)
Scale 4/5, points 7-15 (£22,995-£26,520 FTE) Pro-rata: £13,323-£15,365
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Senior Teaching Assistant to work as part of our Inclusion Team, under the direction of the SENCo.
The role involves working directly with identified pupils with higher level/complex special educational needs; planning and delivering programmes to support their progress across a range of areas, including: learning difficulties; social, emotional and mental health difficulties; speech, language and communications needs, including ASD; sensory impairments, physical or other difficulties and/or disabilities.
Experience of working with pupils with higher level/complex additional needs and delivering intervention programmes to small groups and/or individuals, along with knowledge of a range of interventions, are essential.
The successful candidate will also have an area of specialism in an area of SEND provision, with evidence of relevant training and recent direct pupil work outcomes, which will enable them to act as a point of advice for teaching and support staff colleagues in relation to this.
The appointment is to work across the school and the hours will be Monday to Friday, term time only, 9:05am until 3:15pm, to include a 15-minute unpaid morning break and 55-minute unpaid lunch break.
The successful candidate will be flexible, hardworking, show initiative, have a good sense of humour, work well as part of a team and be willing to undertake in-house training.
- Hold a full and relevant Level 3 qualification (CACHE Level 3, Level 3 Diploma, NVQ3) or equivalent in Specialist Teaching & Learning Support, Teaching & Learning Support or equivalent (and be able to provide the original certificates for these as evidence).
- Have at least 5 GCSEs (grades 4-9/A* to C) including English and Mathematics (and be able to provide the original certificates for these as evidence).
- Expertise in an area of special educational needs provision, with evidence of relevant training and recent direct pupil work outcomes in relation to this.
- Evidence of recent, relevant training in specialist learning strategies and areas of SEND provision, e.g. specific SEND intervention programmes, ASD, Speech & Language, Occupational Therapy, Lego Therapy, Intensive Interaction, Nurture or ELSA etc.
- Successful, recent, experience of working with pupils of the relevant age with higher level and/or complex special educational needs and/or disabilities, in a learning environment, including identifying and supporting individual needs, planning and delivering intervention programmes to small groups and/or individuals along with knowledge and experience of delivering a range of interventions with evidence of accelerated impact.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of special educational needs and the co-morbidity between areas of need for pupils with higher level/complex needs.
Located close to Hackbridge Station, our school has been at the heart of our community for over 100 years.
We are a four-form entry primary school, with maintained nurseries, based across two sites. In addition, we are federated with Spencer Nursery School, who provide childcare and education from birth to 4 years, meaning across our federation we provide education from 0-11 years.
Our new London Road site wis the first Passivhaus Plus school in the UK. Across the school, pupils benefit from use of facilities at both sites and we were very excited to gain a playing field when we opened the London Road site.
Why Work for us?
- Opportunity to be part of a growing school
- Chance to work in a diverse, inclusive and fast growing community
- Excellent transport links nearby
- Wide range of facilities across our sites
- A strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Focus on staff well-being and access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
All applicants must:
- Show a commitment to maintaining high standards and ensuring all children make good progress by providing a stimulating, safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- Address each point of the person specification sequentially within the statement of suitability within the application form. Applications where this has not been fulfilled will not be considered.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references, qualifications, medical clearance and right to work in the UK. Please ensure that you complete all sections of the application form as per the guidance document provided.
Advert closes: Tuesday 4th January 2022 at 12pm
Interviews: Wednesday 12th January 2022
The Federation of Hackbridge Primary School and Spencer Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, additional safeguarding checks, references, medical clearance and right to work in the UK.