Post Senior Teaching Assistant (STA) Required for January 2021
Hours/Days (FTE 36 hrs) 26.05 hrs/week , 5 days Term Time only,
Contract Type Temp contract (2 Terms Initially)
Outer London Pay Scale 4/5 (pt 7-15) [£22,824-£26,325 F.T.E] Pro Rata £13,779 - £15,893
The Governing body are seeking to recruit an excellent Key Stage 2 Senior Teaching Assistant who will challenge, inspire and excite the children on their learning journey and help us to raise standards ever higher within our 3 Form entry junior school. The position is term time only including INSET days and over 5 days a week .
We are looking for someone who has:
• Enthusiasm and a determination to make a difference to pupil progress and behaviour;
• At least two years previous experience of working as a class-based teaching assistant;
• The ability to work as part of a team as well as using his/her own initiative;
• Good English, maths and IT skills;
• High expectations of themselves and the children they work with including promoting independence where possible.
We can offer:
• A welcoming school with enthusiastic children who are keen to learn;
• A hardworking and friendly staff team where colleagues are always keen to share their expertise and learn from each other;
• Excellent professional development opportunities;
• An attractive, well- resourced school environment.
As a member of our team, you will be actively involved in helping to create and promote inspirational learning opportunities for our children
In May 2018 Ofsted said:
‘The school continues to be good. You have created a caring and harmonious atmosphere together with a culture of high expectations. You are ambitious for all pupils. Your well-informed governing body shares your aspirations and is highly committed to ensuring that all pupils do well. . . . Staff, at all levels, make a positive contribution to the school and are proud to be members of your team.’
Please download or complete our application form online. CVs will not be considered
Closing date: Fri 2nd Oct 2020 at 12noon
Interview: Mon 5th or Tue 6th Oct 2020
Our school is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity and to the safeguarding of children. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references will be sought in advance of interview.