HERBERT THOMPSON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Plymouthwood Road, Ely, Cardiff
Headteacher: Mrs S Marsh
Deputy Headteacher: Mrs A Jones
No. on Roll: 534
“Find your talents and let them grow. Be the person you’d like to know”.
Senior Teaching Assistant x2
Post Ref No: ED5555
Grade 6 Spinal Points 19 - 25 (£25,481 - £29,577 PRO RATA)
32.5 hours per week / 39 weeks per year
Term Time Temporary (31/08/2021)
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Governing Body of Herbert Thompson Primary School invites applications for two excellent, highly motivated and skilled Senior Teaching Assistants to join our happy school and hardworking and successful team on our exciting journey.
Our Vision for the Future:
We believe in a world where all members of the Herbert Thompson community live with positive values and behaviours and have the aspirations and skills to lead happy and successful futures.
The successful candidates will be responsible for planning, delivering and assessing high quality literacy and numeracy interventions across the school that positively impact on the attainment and achievement of pupils.
The successful candidates will have:
• the skills of an excellent practitioner who will motivate pupils and develop their self-esteem so that they achieve their full potential;
• the skills, motivation and drive to plan, deliver and asses high quality learning interventions;
• high expectations for the learning, care and support of all pupils;
• a commitment to professional development and a strong team working ethic;
• have an excellent knowledge of pupils with Additional Learning Needs ;
• strong inter-personal skills and ability to be pro-active in developing positive links with parents and the community;
• a commitment to embrace the ethos, vision and values of the school.
These vacancies are suitable for post share.
These posts require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check registration with the Education Workforce Council.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Director/ Assistant Director/ Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
E-mail applications will be accepted up until 3:00pm on Thursday 8th October. Click 'Apply Now' for the e-mail address.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 9th October 2020 and successful candidates will be notified during the evening.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend a professional on Thursday 15th October 2020. Further details will be sent through in advance.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.