Start Date: September 2020
The Governors of this well-established caring Roman Catholic school are seeking to appoint an exceptional, energetic and ambitious senior vice principal who will be a key member of a well-established School Leadership Team.
This is a key leadership post within the school with critical importance in developing excellent teaching and learning to secure good outcomes for all our students. The successful candidate will work with members of the SLT under the direction of the Principal. The focus of the post-holder will be to be responsible for Progress and for the strategic development of Teaching and Learning across the whole school.
• Raising standards and achievement through excellence in Teaching & Learning
• Raising standards and achievement through Staff Development and Training
• Evaluating teaching and learning through monitoring of pupils’ work, lesson visits, conversations with pupils and study period
• Monitoring pupil progress
• School evaluation including liaison with curriculum leaders and others and the development of the school self-evaluation document
We welcome applications from talented leaders looking to extend their experience and from ambitious middle leaders seeking their first senior leadership post. You will be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and will have the ability to inspire and motivate both pupils and peers. As an outstanding teacher and leader with demonstrable leadership experience, you will make a significant contribution to the leadership and success of our school. The role requires strategic thinking, excellent communication skills and an ability to lead and to motivate staff and students.
You will have:
• Experience of effective management of a high-achieving faculty or other team
• Experience of sustained delivery of outstanding attainment and achievement
• A proven track record in leadership
• Relevant skills to raise standards
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in line management of teams
This role is a protected post for a practising Catholic. As such, you will take a leading role in supporting the governors and other leaders to sustain and to develop the school ethos to provide a rigorous and broad education within the context of a Christian environment. You will demonstrate and embody an understanding of the Roman Catholic faith, in line with the Gospel message, which underpins the whole work of the school.
• You will take a leading role in helping governors and other leaders to develop the self-esteem, dignity and respect of all members of the community by concentrating on each person’s infinite worth in the eyes of God
• You will play a full part in the life of the school community, support its aims and ethos and encourage other staff and students to follow this example
We expect all staff to contribute to the Christian ethos which is the cornerstone of St Peter’s
For further information please download an Application pack.
If you consider St Peter’s to be the right school for you, we would very much welcome your application.
Please send your completed Application Form and a cover letter of no more than one A4 page.
St Peter's Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.