Do you have what it takes to support our mission to Improve lives in our communities?
Novus Cambria brings together the wealth and breadth of experience of Novus – the number one provider of education, training and employability services to offenders in England, and Coleg Cambria –one of the UK’s largest and highest performing colleges.
Our focus is on offering the very best career prospects for local people in North Wales and providing our learners with the life changing opportunity to find work within our communities upon release. Wales is at the heart of our organisation and our strong links with employers and stakeholders across North Wales and nationally allows us to provide the highest level of learning and skills at our state-of-the-art learning establishment at HMP Berwyn. Together we can change lives and make a difference to our communities.
- A leader in progressive services to create fresh starts
- A commitment to ensuring that all are valued, motivated and encouraged
- The promotion of high professional, moral and personal standards
- An empathy and appreciation of Welsh culture, language and heritage
- Supporting attitudinal changes to address stereotypes and perceptions
- A commitment to culture which places the learner at the centre
- The continuous pursuit of high standards and excellence
- Creating a sense of community and belonging
- A commitment to operating always in a healthy, safe and suitable environment
- A positive and confident and highly motivated attitude
- A demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity
Cover tutors/trainers – various disciplines including:
- Essential Skills Wales Tutors – covering Communication & Application of Number
- Art Trainers
- Personal and Social Development facilitators – covering Healthy
- ICT Trainers
- Business Admin Trainers
- Employability Trainers
- Construction Trainers – including Bricklaying & Joinery
- Plan, organise and deliver a vocational competency based curriculum up to Level 3 and/or deliver lessons designed to underpin the requirements for the delivery of Essential Skills and assess where appropriate.
- Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners
- Work collaboratively with other deliverers to support the embedding of literacy, numeracy and digital literacy skills within the programme.
- To use the required tracking systems to monitor and log candidate progress and attainment.
- To liaise with Awarding Bodies regarding standards, learning materials, candidate registration and certification, etc.
- To carry out preparation work in anticipation of External Verifier visits.
- To take part in Internal Verification activities as required.
- To work within the agreed Quality Management System and adhere to quality procedures and correct documentation.
- To help with marketing and promotion of relevant courses.
- Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and agreed policies.
- Compliance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Timely and accurate completion of documents related to accreditation, funding and compliancy
- Participate in continual professional development activities to ensure skills and qualifications are in line with sector best practice.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and prison security requirements
- Hold a minimum L3 qualification in relevant subject specific area
- PGCE/Cert Ed
- Hold at least a level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Hold appropriate assessor qualification
- To hold or commit to gain an Internal Verifier award within 1 year (dependent upon course accreditation requirements)
- The ability to speak fluent Welsh - Desirable
- Have experience in the relevant vocational area
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of working within the appropriate vocational sector
- Experience of working within a prison, further education or training setting
- Able to fulfil delivery targets and plans
- Achievement of quality targets, including those related to recruitment, retention and achievement
- Produce accurate and timely reports
- Positive contribution to establishment planning & development processes
- Positive team working
- To actively contribute to Novus Cambria’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of learners and staff
- To actively contribute to the principles of Equality and Diversity within the prison
- To work flexibly as required
- To carry out such training, re-training and updating as may be necessary to fulfil the requirements of the post
- To ensure duties are carried out with full regard to Health & Safety legislation and to enable Novus Cambria to meet its objectives in providing a safe and healthy environment for all users
- To demonstrate an empathy with the Welsh culture
- To undertake other duties that Management may, from time to time, reasonably require, commensurate with the grade
Novus Cambria is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.