St Peter’s is an extremely successful secondary school and Sixth Form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford. We are looking to expand our Site Team and would like to appoint a Site Assistant to join our busy Premises Team. The Site Assistant supports the Premises Team with all aspects of site maintenance, safety, security, portering, minibus maintenance and cleanliness of the school.
The position is for 36 hours per week over 52 weeks a year with a minimum of 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays per year. Final working hours will be agreed with the successful candidate although some flexibility will be needed for opening/closing the site for evening and weekend events.
This is a very varied, interesting role and plays an integral part of the school’s support system. You will be representing the school when dealing with contractors, suppliers and lettings. If you are self-motivated, have a good sense of humour, enjoy working as part of a team and are looking for a new challenge, we would be pleased to hear from you.
About St Peter’s:
St Peter’s Catholic School, part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust, is an extremely successful school and sixth form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford, with onsite parking. Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources. Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent.
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to join a very friendly, supportive team.
• A varied workload with the necessary training and development to work effectively.
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Guildford Spectrum Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• An extensive range of benefits and discounts with the Surrey County Council MyBenefits Scheme.
• Some knowledge of basic site maintenance and environmental matters
• Some experience of general building maintenance and repairs
• Physical ability to carry out manual handling tasks and access all areas of the school e.g. lifting, climbing, moving items and accessing roof and loft spaces
• A confident, organised, pro-active individual who is able to prioritise their time and workload, whilst having the flexibility to deal with unexpected interruptions and urgent requests.
• A good communicator and a strong team player.
• Reliable and ideally live locally to the school as you will need to be on call in case of emergencies.
• Able to remain calm whilst working under pressure and have a clear understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
• Hold a clean driver’s licence with a willingness to take any necessary tests to become a school minibus driver.
• Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to visit the school for a tour or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.