Fixed Term 1 Year Contract in the first instance
Hours: 21.25 hours per week for 42 weeks per year (1:45pm - 6pm)
Grade: Scale 3 (points 5 – 6) Hounslow Single Status Pay Scale
Salary: £12,080 - £12,300 (pro rata)
OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOOL AND THE ROLE
We seek to appoint a kind, friendly and conscientious individual to be our Site Assistant. The successful candidate will be an effective member of our operational team with the ability to effectively support the Site Manager in ensuring that the site provides a clean and secure environment for its pupils which is safe and conducive to learning. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing and consistently developing school.
The working weeks cover term time and three weeks of the school holidays (weeks worked in the holidays must be agreed with the Site Manager). There is no provision for leave to be taken during term time.
We are a popular three form entry primary school in Feltham, a short walk away from the town center and direct train line into London Waterloo. We amalgamated the Infant and Nursery and Junior schools in September 2018, and have become a happy and harmonious team. We are on an exciting journey towards achieving the vision of the new school – ‘’where children aspire, succeed and flourish, while laying foundations for the best possibly pathway to the future’’.
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment,
- A meaningful commitment to well-being for all, including for staff an annual well-being day, social events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- A supportive leadership team who welcome initiative and fresh ideas
- Onsite parking.
- Responsible for closing the site each day.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting, carrying and pushing various equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competent in general maintenance tasks
- Basic ICT and administration skills
- Ability to be extremely flexible and available for overtime
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time efficiently, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Ensure the site is secure and safe.
- Work actively with the Site Manager to ensure the school site and grounds are well maintained.
- Act as a point of contact for cleaners and contractors when on site.
- Be proactive in completing general maintenance tasks, using own initiative to resolve issues that arise on duty.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to contact the School Business Manager for an informal conversation.
Interviews will be held in school on Friday 3rd September.
(Please note that the school closed for the Summer on Friday 23rd July, therefore any responses to communications after this may be delayed. Any emails or voicemails will be returned as soon as possible.)
Southville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure Barred Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.