The Woodway Federation includes a Secondary and Primary Special School for pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH) between the ages of 5 and 16.
The Governing Body wishes to appoint a reliable, self-motivated and well organised person to take on the responsibility of Site Lead across our Federation. This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a dedicated team of staff who are committed to providing the best possible education for our pupils.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake caretaking duties at the secondary school (Bristol Gateway School) and be responsible for all aspects of site management across both schools in order to deliver a safe, secure, clean and well-maintained learning environment to support student outcomes and staff well-being. We are looking for a committed team player with high standards and excellent organisational and technical skills. You will have the ability to effectively problem solve and provide excellent customer service to our school community including pupils, staff, visitors and other stakeholders and partners. The role includes line management responsibility for one caretaker who is based at the primary school (Woodstock School).
This is a permanent post, working 37 hours per week, 43 weeks per annum. The working hours will be a split shift; the shift pattern will be discussed at interview but a degree of flexibility will be required. The salary range is BG9 SCP17 - 21 £24799 per annum to £26999 pro rata depending on experience (actual salary £23495 - £25579 per annum).
We are looking for an individual who:
- is committed to working in an environment where pupils come first
- is enthusiastic and flexible with a ‘can-do’ approach at all times
- is able to multi-task, prioritise own workload and work effectively in a busy and at times challenging environment
- is self-motivated, flexible, adaptable and a team player
- will build strong relationships with colleagues and contractors
- will have strong team leadership skills
- has good computer skills and a knowledge of Microsoft packages
We can offer you:
- a friendly, professional and committed team with a strong ethos of working together for the good of our pupils
- experienced, supportive senior leadership team and governors
- a rewarding role supporting the education of vulnerable learners
- potential for career progression
- training and professional development as required
Interviews will be held week commencing 8 June 2020. The format will be confirmed should you be shortlisted for interview.
The Woodway Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.